For the first time ever, the Conference took place with support provided by HEMIX. Many participants of the rotomoulding industry joined the Conference, from manufacturers and raw material processors to Russian final sellers and industrial agents from Australia, India, and Kazakhstan.
HEMIX invited top rotomoulding experts to the Conference and is eager to share the central ideas announced at the Conference. We’re sure these will be useful for every participant of the Conference and of the industry in general, too.
Who makes polyethylene for rotational moulding in Russia?
1. A special guest of the Conference was Nizhnekamskneftekhim – the only Russian manufacturer of polyethylene for rotational moulding. Representatives of Nizhnekamskneftekhim promised us to promote development of the rotomoulding sector further on, enhancing performance and metrics in terms of both products and service.
2. Expanded additives help to reduce weight of the products and improve dielectric properties and increase rigidity of solid materials.
3. HALS additive ensures better blending with pigments and improves light stabilization properties, thus increasing operating life times of final products.
4. Oleamide is used to prevent bubble formation. High melt index ensures minimal porosity.
5. Not all grades of colorants, light stabilizing agents and demoulding agents can be efficiently applied in rotomoulding. Be sure to choose the right!
Rotomoulding compounds are raw materials ready for product making
6. Unlike dry blending, compounds introduce pigments right inside the particles, not between them.
7. Use compounds to make top-quality products.
8. Modified granules, microgranules and powder by HEMIX are made under customized receipts, in accordance with final demands to the product, ensuring the necessary density and processing characteristics.
9. Let’s clear up some space at the production site! Grinding and coloring procedures can be delegated to special production units, and you can make use of the finished compounds.
Important thing about tank design!
Water and chemical tanks can seem easy to design and manufacture, but they can also be of high risks if broken down. There are some important design aspects associated with such products that help to ensure they are suitable for the cause and reliable during operation.
10. Choose appropriate materials for tank making.
11. Determine the mould structure and geometry in accordance with the relevant standards!
12. Tank foot structure matters!
13. In-situ testing is imperative!
14. Be sure to run strength tests and use compounds for higher quality.
15. Bad FEA design sample.
16. Use UV stabilizing agents for top quality.
Tank production advice
Design is an important stage of tank making that ensures its functional properties. However, poor production procedures may cause failures even in case of expensive designs. What can be done in terms of production and what tests should be run to ensure long life of products and absence of negative impact on business and the industry in general?
17. Control at all the production stages!
18. Inspection of moulded products is imperative.
19. Test wall thickness. You should have a calibration unit for accurate ultrasonic thickness testing.
20. Make reports on production quality and inspection testing plans.
21. Register numbers of powder batches used in every moulding reservoir.
22. Air bubbles indicate that longer heating time or higher temperature is required.
23. Run tests in-situ.
24. Develop mounting instructions.
How can products be made more robust and costs cut?
Experience in rotational moulding shared by one of the speakers confirms that there is always a way: for instance, glass lamellar fillers can be used.
25. Glass lamellar fillers can be used in decorative products, as their surfaces become glossier and the products don’t get distorted during demoulding and cooling.
26. Using glass lamellar fillers is inexpedient in case of structural products that require high shock resistance..
27. You shouldn’t be afraid to share your inventions and give advice to other market participants.
Design in rotomoulding is possible and even necessary
Today, the global industry produces many amazing sophisticated and beautiful products.
28. Globally famous designers are ready to offer solutions for the rotomoulding industry.
29. Rotomoulded products are applied in all business segments, from decorative to industrial use.
Rotomoulding in the world
We have experience of all the world’s processors at hand.
30. Rotomoulded products are widely used all across the globe.
31. You can enter into this competition from anywhere globally.
32. Think beyond tanks. Rotomoulding is much more than just tanks.
33. Control the production cycle.
34. Test your products and raw materials.
35. Observe safety procedures.
36. Comply with relevant standards.
Recognizing a problem is the first step toward solving it
37. No quality standards.
38. Small-volume manufacturing.
39. Low-level information support.
40. Consumers poorly understand the value of the product (the market is underdeveloped).
What do Russian rotomoulders lack? Global experience of associations in the field of rotomoulding
Associations throughout the world bring together processors and manufacturers of raw materials, as well as mould makers, for them to share experience. What is the positive effect of an association on the company and the industry in general?
41. State aid with consumption and production support.
42. Competitions for emerging and established prospective designers.
43. Rotomoulding guidebooks, training courses for operators.
44. Making up a knowledge library.
45. Product quality and production safety standards developed and introduced.
Rotomoulding in Russia is a developing sector, where innovations are suitable, development is essential and support is welcome. Russian rotomoulding needs active contribution from industry representatives.
What shall we do next?
1. Set up an association where members will wish to share their experience with each other.
2. To develop codes of practice.
3. To speak on behalf of the industry.
4. To set up a knowledge library.
5. To establish a TOP QUALITY industry!
Persons of the Conference
- Director, Rajiv Plastic, India
- Head of Polymer Promotion Directorate, Nizhnekamskneftekhim PJSC, Russia
- Technical Director, International Plastic Guide, Russia
- Commerce Manager, HEMIX LLC, Russia
- Representative of the Association of Rotational Molders in Australia, Halgan, Australia
- Representative of the Association of Rotational Molders in Australia
- Representative of the Association of Rotational Molders in Australia
- Managing Director, EcoProm, Russia
- Representative of NAWELL, Russia
- Managing Director, KSC PLAST, Kazakhstan
- Sales Manager for new products, Sibur, Russia
HEMIX, the organizer of the Conference, thanks all the fascinated and concerned professionals of the industry for their participation!
We hope you’ve received as much useful and new information as possible.
We believe this event has provided a basis for establishing a venue for experience sharing, evaluation of new approaches and new solutions in the industry, making of top quality and competitive products, as well as for costs cutting and business prospering.
We are sure that only our combined efforts can provide worthy results in our case, through personal and collective development
We feel certain that we can expect long-term and fruitful collaboration with you.